Monday, September 6, 2010

I don't need an elaborate hairdo

Got a haircut yesterday from a barber, not a hairstylist. The two are different you see, barbers are guys who stay in humid barbershops and use big scissors, and TV is always tuned in to either PBA or IBC, or other least known stations. Hairstylists are a bit trickier, they can either be a guy or a girl, or combinations, they have ranking – creative stylist, sr. creative, junior, senior, super junior, etc – which also dictates the professional you have to pay. Stylists have more elaborate equipment, they also shampoo your hair pre or post cutting of hair.

The guy from the barbershop has a generic way of trimming hair even after I had carefully explained to him how I want my hair to look like and given instructions on what to trim and what not to trim. He was very detailed at first, cutting in miniscule and measuring the shape and all. Then he became trigger-happy and started cutting insanely using his edged scissors like he just bought that and was excited to use it. It ended up with my hair less K-Pop, it's really short and now I’m starting to like it because I don't need to spend 30 minutes to style it (because it has no style, yes, don't rub it in).

But guess what, I don't really need an elaborate hairdo. I know I've dyed my hair twice this month, and I was on the verge of doing something incredibly stupid with it like give it highlights just like with what Caloy has in Magkaribal. But today is different, today marks the day plain hair triumphs over stylistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment