Friday, May 21, 2010

MNMLSM



I always claim to be a minimalist, either by context in living my life or simply transforming a chaotic space into complete order. However, minimalism, in full essence, is giving up the concept of order as it reduced clutter to, well, nothing. Which means there's nothing to organize. Like we usually hear from people claiming to be minimalist: simplicity is beauty.

Then we also hear some say "less is more," which we only get to appreciate when we are embracing the minimalist approach. Just recently I started to "organize" the house by eliminating clutter, aka, throwing half of what's inside the house. Possession may sometimes just equate to security, true, and the illusion of security resurfaces when you find that you're keeping something for the sake of keeping it, and you'll survive without having it. I got first-hand experience of this when i threw out the Motorola charger and headset that I kept for several years (way back since 2004 when I got my first Moto phone), upon realizing that the reason was "just in case" I need them in the future, which never happened. Then, I threw at least 20% of what was in the room, including clothes I never used but I've been keeping for donations. But hey, I'm sure someone would recycle those clothes, which reverts to the original premise: donation.

Less is more, and as with Life, you've got to let go of some and focus on the most important ones. Simplicity is the path to minimalism, and the less you think about the unimportant stuff, the more time you have to enjoy what really matters in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment